Established in 2012, the Center for Visual and Decision Informatics works in partnership with government, industry, and academia to develop the next-generation visual and decision support tools and techniques that enable decision-makers to significantly improve the way their organization's information is organized and interpreted.
- Completed 35 projects in 5 years with 58 undergrad and graduate students and 26 researchers
- Awarded 1.9 million dollars in NSF research funding including supplements for undergraduates, teachers and veterans (UL Lafayette only)
- Nominated by industry for two technology breakthroughs
- Published 88 papers
- Organized first ever IEEE international conference on Big Data
- Coordinated two annual hackathons - CajunCodeFest and the Philly Code Fest
- Recognized as the first and only NSF I/UCRC to focus on Big Data
- Noted as the only I/UCRC center in Louisiana
- Successfully added an international academic research site in 2015- Tampere University of Technology in Finland
- Moved to Phase II of the IUCRC program on March 1, 2017
Visit the official website for more information.